What is a wind farm open day?
Employees from Infigen's operations, development and construction teams will host the open days. They will explain how the wind and solar farms are managed, about the composition of turbines and solar panels and how wind and solar energy is transformed into electricity. Site technicians will also be on hand to explain how the turbines work.
Individuals wishing to be contacted of the next wind farm open day should register their details below. We will contact you with the date and registration details.
Registrations close two working days before the respective events. Visitors that have not registered will not be allowed to tour the wind farm.
Up to 10 visitors can be registered online.
For groups larger than 10 visitors, please forward a list of visitors’ names and contact details, and state preference of meeting point and time firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting points and times
Complimentary buses will be departing from nearby towns. We will contact you with details of meeting points and times.
On the day
We request that all visitors follow these rules at all times (failure to do so may result in you being escorted off the property):
- Whilst travelling to and from the wind farm, remain seated at all times. The bus might have to stop suddenly and this may cause injuries if you are not seated properly.
- Please stay within the designated area at all times and keep away from the grass.
- No running at the wind farm. It may be especially slippery when it rains.
- Please stay within the designated tour area at all times, and do not wander off from the tour group.
- In case of a lightning storm, strong winds (> 20 m/s), bushfire risk or flooding we will have to continue the tour on the bus or consider cancelling the tour.
- Littering is prohibited on site.
- No animals may be brought on site.
- Care should be taken to protect and observe native fauna whilst on site.
- Consumption of alcohol and illegal substances is prohibited on site.
For your safety we will have a first aid kit and registered nurse available on site.
Don’t forget to bring your camera for some great shots!
For any further enquiries regarding the events, please call at +61 (02) 8031 9900 or email us email@example.com.