Watch this space for new job opportunities at Infigen or stay in touch on LinkedIn.
General Manager – Development
- Preparation of investment cases for development proposals
- Prospecting for new commercial opportunities
- Supporting the business to achieve its growth objectives
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Identify, investigate and evaluate energy development opportunities for Infigen’s business, including overlaying knowledge of network, land title and environmental constraints and resource characteristics, working with internal technical / specialist team members where appropriate
- Prepare and manage the budget and human and financial resource allocation across development projects and activities
- Manage the Development Managers to advance development opportunities and undertaking proper due diligence during the feasibility stage
- Collaborate with Executive Management team in the formulation of the strategy for development activities and project management of Infigen’s development pipeline
- Prepare and deliver Board Papers and investment cases for greenfield or brownfield development projects
- Assist in the formulation of business cases for commercial opportunities such as acquisitions or divestments, and responses to expressions of interest for purchasing renewable energy
- Support the Executive General Manager – Corporate Development in relation to project delivery and joint venture relationships
- Assist as necessary in the negotiation of agreements during the project development phase (e.g. equipment warranties, landowner agreements, wind forecasting, connection agreements, environmental and regulatory licensing arrangements)
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Bachelor of Commerce, Science, Engineering or Law (double degree favorable)
- Knowledge of the Australian National Electricity Market, companies, and relevant regulations and frameworks
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience developing greenfield electricity generating plants (preferably wind or other renewable) energy technology
- Demonstrated experience effectively working at senior levels of corporations, government, investment and financial institutions
- Participated in negotiations with banks, investors, landowners, contractors and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) suppliers
- Must have a proven track record in reaching financial close on large energy infrastructure projects
If you have the experience and expertise for this exciting opportunity please send an up to date CV to Kevin.Warner@davidsonwp.com with the job title as the subject line and we can arrange a time to speak.
Energy Markets Analyst
Core requirements of the position
- Energy and environmental market analysis on historical and forward looking basis
- Maintain and develop pricing tools and models
- Generate ad hoc reports as required
- Providing ad hoc analytical support for decision-making
- Assist with the development and maintenance of wholesale pricing models and structures for retail C&I sales purposes
- Analyse customer consumption profiles and contribute to the development of models for offer pricing and customer responses
- Assist with the development and maintenance of procedures and systems that relate to C&I pricing and risk management
Primary responsibilities and activities
C&I pricing and modelling
- Provide analysis of trends in energy markets as required for informing dealing strategies or pricing activities, assessing specific products or to guide understanding in the wider business.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reports in relation to market behavior and trends including spot market trends, demand / supply dynamics and forward market trends.
- Assist with development of pricing models to support C&I pricing as well as for the evaluation and performance tracking of existing deals.
- Assist with market pricing requests and modelling requirements associated with target clients or other transactional opportunities.
- Contribute to the creation of bid materials and materials for presenting unique pricing structures to new customers.
Energy Market Analytics
- Undertake research activities to assist the Energy Markets team identify new value creation and value protection opportunities and assess their relative merits.
- Provide analysis and decision support services to pursue new contracting and value creation opportunities.
- Assist with development of models and model assumptions to support evaluation of differing contracting strategies. This may include maintaining and running bespoke models or industry standard software tools to assist.
- Monitor and report on trends in the energy market with respect to prices, market dynamics, asset performance and general market trends. This will be a key part of contributing to effective management hedging and Multi Channels to Market activities within the Energy Markets team.
- Participate in the development of Energy Market assumptions for financial models or other models as required.
- Contribute to the development of forecasting and risk models for customer loads, market outcomes, and asset production.
Key selection criteria
Qualifications and experience
- 2-5 years experience in energy, commodities or relevant markets with an analytical focus
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Science, Engineering or Applied Finance
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, particularly relevant to operational, financial and energy markets data
- Strong quantitative analysis and modelling skills ideally with relevance to time series analysis and probabilistic modelling / forecasting
- Familiarity with wholesale electricity or commodity trading as well as an understanding of renewable generation technologies would be advantageous
- Coding skills would be advantageous (e.g. SQL, VBA, R, Python)
- Experience building and working with financial models, or at least a keen interest in and demonstrated skills to excel in this area
Skills and attributes
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- An analytical mind-set, with demonstrated capacity for commercial thinking and adding value
- Attention to detail with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically review models and model assumptions across different disciplines and translate information between models
- Strong ability to problem solve and reach conclusions in subject areas that often have uncertain and fast moving external factors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present information concisely and clearly for varying audiences
- Strong IT literacy and knowledge of energy market systems advantageous
- Demonstrated use of initiative and a common sense approach
- Ability to work and fit in with a team environment and work unsupervised
How to apply
Contact Dave McKillop by phone +61 417 629 863 or email email@example.com.
Expressions of Interest
Infigen sells the power generation output from its operations in two ways: through contracts and on a merchant basis. For every megawatt hour of renewable energy generated, Infigen earns one renewable energy certificate called Large-scale Generation Certificate (LGC). Infigen sells LGCs to obligated companies and entities that need certificates to comply with the LRET scheme, and organisations that voluntarily purchase accredited GreenPower.
If you wish to express interest in jobs at Infigen, please send your CV at HR.firstname.lastname@example.org.