Australian Privacy Principles
Infigen is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (Privacy Principles) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The Privacy Principles are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed. The Privacy Principles cover the following areas:
- Privacy Principle 1 – Open and transparent management of personal information
- Privacy Principle 2 – Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Privacy Principle 3 – Collection of solicited personal information
- Privacy Principle 4 – Dealing with unsolicited personal information
- Privacy Principle 5 – Notification of the collection of personal information
- Privacy Principle 6 – Use or disclosure of personal information
- Privacy Principle 7 – Direct marketing
- Privacy Principle 8 – Cross‑border disclosure of personal information
- Privacy Principle 9 – Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
- Privacy Principle 10 – Quality of personal information
- Privacy Principle 11 – Security of personal information
- Privacy Principle 12 – Access to personal information
- Privacy Principle 13 – Correction of personal information
Why does Infigen collect personal information?
Personal information is collected for a range of purposes reasonably necessary for Infigen’s functions and activities, including:
- to understand and meet the needs of customers and provide the products and services they require;
- to manage relationships with securityholders and other stakeholders; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
How can you contact Infigen about Privacy?
You can contact Infigen to:
- update or correct personal information;
- ask about accessing or correcting the personal information held by Infigen; or
- make a privacy related complaint.
Individuals can contact Infigen in one of the following ways:
Level 17, 56 Pitt Street
Sydney. NSW 2000. Australia
Phone: +61 8031 9900
Fax: +61 2 9247 6086
or by ﬁlling in our online enquiry form.
Complaints about an interference with privacy