Flyers Creek Wind Farm
~ Output per year
Number of homes powered
Flyers Creek Wind Farm is a 145-Megawatt project owned by Iberdrola Australia. The wind farm site is located approximately 20 kilometres south of Orange in the Blayney and Cabonne Local Government Areas in the Central West region of New South Wales.
Project Approval was granted on 14 March 2014 and there have been five subsequent planning modifications approved since this date. Project Approval documents can be found under the Project documents link below, as well as construction management plan documents.
Flyers Creek Wind Farm comprises 38 wind turbines, access tracks, local road infrastructure upgrades, electrical connections between the turbines, a 33kv powerline, an on-site substation, and a 132 kv power line and switching station connecting the project to Essential Energy’s existing Orange North to Cadia power line. The Development Layout map can be found under Project documents below.
Once operational, the project will generate approximately 450 gigawatt hours of electricity per year. This is equivalent to powering more than 80,000 Australian households and offsetting over330,000 tonnes of carbon emissions per year. During construction the project will create around 230 jobs, and an estimated 6-8 permanent regional jobs throughout its operational life.
Construction of the Flyers Creek Wind Farm commenced in April 2022 and is expected to be operational by early 2024.
COMMUNITY CONSULTATION COMMITTEE
A Community Consultation Committee for the Flyers Creek Wind Farm was established in 2012. The Committee is made up of local representatives and meets quarterly to provide local advice to Iberdrola Australia. Meeting minutes can be found under Project documents below.
COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND
Iberdrola Australia has established a community benefit fund which is administered by Blayney Shire Council. We will make six-monthly contributions to the fund for the next 25 years.
Out of hours work
Working hours for the construction of the Flyers Creek Wind Farm are generally restricted to the standard construction hours of 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturday, with no work on Sundays and public holidays. Since November 2022 there have been some ‘out of hours’ construction activities carried out to take advantage of favourable weather and assist the timely completion of the project.
The out of hours work does not include any activities that result in impulsive or tonal noise emissions (rock breaking, rock hammering, pile driving), blasting activities, or highly intrusive noise generating activities.
The out of hours work may include turbine installation work if weather conditions are favourable. Limited night roadworks may be carried out on Halls Road.
Flyers Creek Wind Farm is located on traditional lands in Wiradjuri Country. Iberdrola Australia acknowledges the Wiradjuri people and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging. We respect and celebrate the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational traditions and practices of the Wiradjuri people who also work and live on this land.
- Meeting Minutes - 16 October 2023
- Meeting Minutes - 17 July 2023
- Meeting Minutes - 17 April 2023
- Meeting Minutes - 24 January 2023
- Meeting Minutes - 11 October 2022
- Meeting minutes - 5 July 2022
- Meeting Minutes - 5 April 2022
- Meeting Minutes - 18 January 2022
- Meeting Minutes - 9 November 2021
- Meeting Minutes - 24 August 2021
- Meeting Minutes - 11 May 2021
- Meeting Minutes - 03 February 2021
- Meeting Minutes - 12 February 2020
- Meeting Minutes – 19 September 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 8 May 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 19 January 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 11 September 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 16 May 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 2 February 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 18 October 2017
- Meeting Minutes – 5 July 2017
- Meeting minutes – 21 March 2017
- Meeting minutes – 27 June 2016
- Meeting minutes – 22 February 2016
- Meeting minutes – 25 November 2015
- Meeting minutes – 7 September 2015
- Meeting minutes – 6 July 2015
- Meeting minutes – 11 November 2014
- Meeting minutes – 1 April 2014
- Meeting minutes – 25 November 2013
- CCC Chairman’s Report – 2013
- Meeting minutes – 24 June 2013
- Meeting minutes – 18 March 2013
- Meeting minutes – 6 December 2012
Everyone at Iberdrola Australia is committed to providing the highest standards of service. If we have not met your expectations, we'd like you to tell us about it.
You can provide feedback or make a complaint by:
Phone: 1800 917 372 (free within Australia)
Post: Level 22 Governor Phillip Tower, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, 2000
Click here to view Iberdrola Australia’s Complaints Handling Policy
Click here to view Iberdrola Australia's Whistleblower Policy
- Construction Newsletter No.18 - October 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.17 - September 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.16 - August 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.15 - July 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.14 - June 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.13 - May 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.12 - April 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.11 - March 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.10 - February 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.9 - January 2023
- Construction Newsletter No.8 - December 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.7 - Oct/November 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.6 - September 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.5 - August 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.4 - July 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.3 - June 2022
- Construction Newsletter No.2 - May 2022
- Neighbours Information Evening Presentation - 5 May 2022
- Construction Newsletter No. 1 - April 2022
- Media Release - Iberdrola Australia commits to construction of Flyers Creek - February 2022
- Notice of Pre-Construction Minor Works - February 2019
- Community Newsletter - July 2018
- Community Newsletter - March 2017
- Community Newsletter - September 2013
The Flyers Creek Wind Farm Project Approval is available to view on the NSW Department of Planning and Environment website via this link.
Plans or programmes relating to the Conditions of Project Approval are provided below:
- D4: Bird & Bat Adaptive Management Programme
- D26: Design and Landscape Plan
- D5: Biodiversity Offset Report
- D5: DPIE Approval of Biodiversity Offset Report
- E5: Compliance Tracking Programme
- E5: Pre-construction Compliance Report
- F20: Construction Environment Management Plan
- F21 A: Construction Compound & Ancillary Facilities Plan
- F21 B: Construction Noise and Vibration Management Plan
- F21 C: Construction Traffic and Access Management Plan
- F21 D: Construction Soil and Water Quality Management Plan
- F21 E: Construction Heritage Management Plan
- F21 F: Construction Flora and Fauna Management Plan
- F21 G: Construction Air Quality Management Plan
- F21 H: Construction Bushfire Management Plan
- Environment Protection Licence
Post DPE Approvals:
Flyers Creek Image Gallery
You must obtain Iberdrola Australia's prior written approval before you publish, reproduce or distribute the images in this gallery. If you'd like to do so, please contact email@example.com