Flyers Creek Wind Farm
The proposed Flyers Creek wind farm is located approximately 20 km southwest of Orange (Blayney Shire) in NSW and has an expected capacity of approximately 110-145 MW comprising up to 38 wind turbines, a substation, access tracks and an electrical collection system.
Project Approval for the Flyers Creek wind farm was granted by the NSW Government Planning Assessment Commission in March 2014.
The Environmental Assessment (EA), and Infigen’s Response to Submissions received to the EA, can be viewed at NSW Department of Planning and Environment website. The Flyers Creek Planning Report can also be viewed at this weblink.
Planning Modification 4 was lodged with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment in August 2018 to:
- Increase the wind turbine envelope so as to accommodate the newer, more efficient turbine models now available; and
- Include a 132kV transmission line and switching station so as to enable the Project to connect to the electrical grid.
The planning modification was approved by the Independent Planning Commission in August 2019. The application and associated documentation can be viewed here*.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the Flyers Creek wind farm development project mailing list please contact Megan Richardson (email email@example.com).
* This is an external link. If the link is deactivated, please use the search facility available on the Department’s website
Newsletters & Notices
- Notice of Pre-Construction Minor Works – February 2019
- Community Newsletter – July 2018
- Community Newsletter – March 2017
- Community Newsletter – September 2013
Community Consultation Committee
- Meeting Minutes – 19 September 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 8 May 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 19 January 2019
- Meeting Minutes – 11 September 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 16 May 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 2 February 2018
- Meeting Minutes – 18 October 2017
- Meeting Minutes – 5 July 2017
- Meeting minutes – 21 March 2017
- Meeting minutes – 27 June 2016
- Meeting minutes – 22 February 2016
- Meeting minutes – 25 November 2015
- Meeting minutes – 7 September 2015
- Meeting minutes – 6 July 2015
- Meeting minutes – 11 November 2014
- Meeting minutes – 1 April 2014
- Meeting minutes – 25 November 2013
- Annual CCC Chairman’s Report – 2013
- Meeting minutes – 24 June 2013
- Meeting minutes – 18 March 2013
- Meeting minutes – 6 December 2012
Questions and Feedback
Questions and feedback about the project can be provided to Infigen through phone, email or post at all times.
Infigen’s complaint management process involves acknowledging receipt of a complaint with the stakeholder as soon as practicable, normally within five business days; and resolution of their complaint within 30 days where possible. Any complaint not resolved within 30 days of being received shall be referred to the relevant member of senior management.
All material complaints are reported to Infigen Board, and resolutions are devised on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to receiving formal complaints, we seek feedback and suggestions from our community stakeholders. Have your say here.
Complaints can also be submitted to the Office of the National Wind Farm Commissioner by phone, email or in writing. For more information, please visit www.nwfc.gov.au.
Phone: +61 1800 656 395
National Wind Farm Commissioner
PO Box 24434
Melbourne VIC 3001
- Phone: 1800 917 372
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Infigen Energy, Level 17, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Potential suppliers to the Flyers Creek Wind Farm should email email@example.com.